• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (22 Viewers)

The Downy and Red-Bellied Woodpeckers are still frequent visitors.

Ruby-Throated Hummingbirds have also been very regular visitors for the past couple weeks during their southward migration.

All three members of the mimid family now show up, too, though Mockingbirds are still rare visitors. Brown Thasher has some proper feathers again (he was looking very ragged for a while during molting). Multiple Catbirds, too.

The ever-curious Chickadees have grown in number again.

Love your webcam, Dwayne! You're getting some great birds. Our yards are quiet at present except for numerous (warring) Ruby-throated Hummingbirds.

Jeff
www.jeffincypress.blogspot.com

Love your webcam, Dwayne! You're getting some great birds. Our yards are quiet at present except for numerous (warring) Ruby-throated Hummingbirds.

Jeff
www.jeffincypress.blogspot.com

Thank you! I've been very fortunate in feeder traffic, a wide variety of species, and very few "undesireables" like Grackles. I've been really excited about the Hummingbirds, I had the feeders out in the spring but didn't get any visitors.

Moved into our new house about 6 weeks ago - garden list up to 88 as of today with golden plover. Mind you we do overlook the Dee estuary...

I had 63 House Sparrows and 16 Goldfinches at my garden feeders this morning.

Gerard.

Geez thats a huge count, and will cost a few bob aswell :-O Only a few weeks for the return of the Lesser Redpoll.... 40+ :eek!:

Moved into our new house about 6 weeks ago - garden list up to 88 as of today with golden plover. Mind you we do overlook the Dee estuary...

Welcome RM - nice location over looking the estuary B :) keep us posted for any specials and you might get some twitchers on your doorstep ;)

Loads house sparrows lately as much as 18-20. And big numbers of starlings, good chaffinch and goldie's, getting few Doves and wood pegions..and regular blue tit's.

Looking forward to seeing the winter blackbird's this upcoming winter, and the robins !

A lone juvenile Siskin at the feeders this morning and quite a few coal tits are appearing

Big movements of birds at the moment going through the country, I had 8 Blackbirds the other evening that stopped by to feed\ roost, not seen them since. Goldfinches are doing the same - hence your 45

Superb list - look forward to hearing about how it develops:t:

Just back from a few days away and topped all the feeders up. Strangely, the nijer was hardly touched while I was away. :h?: SO far, just Magpies, feral pigeons and a Collared Dove. How long til the Siskins start at the sunflower seeds...

even better .....

2012 Garden species No. 55
&
Garden Life Bird No. 70

Grey Wagtail :t:

Had plenty of time to get onto this as I could hear it as it came towards the garden, got the bins on it.

Just spent 4 hrs gardening and now sat on the patio with a brew, its suprising how many birds are passing over, loads of Starlings and Gulls, just had the Wren through the garden as well.... what next

even better .....

&
Garden Life Bird No. 70

Had plenty of time to get onto this as I could hear it as it came towards the garden, got the bins on it.

Just spent 4 hrs gardening and now sat on the patio with a brew, its suprising how many birds are passing over, loads of Starlings and Gulls, just had the Wren through the garden as well.... what next

brilliant dave :t: seen plenty about but never in the garden

Cheers roger

Here are a couple of images from the garden: firstly the young male Sparrowhawk from the other day and last nights full moon

Attachments

• 249.jpg
    249.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6454.jpg
    IMG_6454.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 43
even better .....

&
Garden Life Bird No. 70

Very nice garden tick:t:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back