• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Visiting Dublin Late March: Query (1 Viewer)

David Swain

I am traveling (from the US) to Dublin last week of March 2022 for a conference, and have several days (but no car) to do some birding around the city and possibly further afield by public transport. I am considering bringing tripod and scope for places like North Bull and Howth or Poolbeg and Sandymount, but is it worth the effort? I welcome recommendations around the city and within reach by public transport. Thanks in advance.

David Swain
Boston

Bull Island is good, but check the tide times. Also, consider Swords/Baldoyle estuaries if you have the time. Also, I don't know if it's still possible, but you can see Puffins and other auks if you can get to Ireland's Eye (island) from Howth. If you do go to Bull Island, take a quick look in St Anne's Park for woodland birds.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back