• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex Razor 8x42 Japanese (1 Viewer)

Barbican1987

United Kingdom
There is a pair of used Vortex Razor binos 8x42 on the market made in Japan asking £400. I guess is these do not have ED prisms so not sure If these are good value. My guess is newer models with ED glass would be better value.

Do any members have experience of using these please?

Vortex Razor Binoculars - From "High-end Binoculars of 2008" - by Michael and Diane Porter

Just found out this model was discontinued in 2008 so at least 13 years old without ED glass. Not sure they are worth £400 though.

Last edited:
A sequel. When I said these binos were more than 13 years old. The price went down immediately to £250 briefly, then disappeared altogether.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back