• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

which 10x42 : Nikon HG / GPO Passion HD / Maven B1.2 / Vortex Razor HD ? (2 Viewers)

IIRC the orders were given to Vortex but he never paid them.
That may be true, but the moral to the story is that the buyer's were left hanging and had it not been for Vortex stepping up and taking care of them, they would have been out of luck, and their money.

So guys,

I finally pulled the trigger yesterday and bought the Nikon MHG on Black Friday Sales. By the time the store answered my chat request, the Sales was actually over since midnight the day before. But the store management was nice enough to apply the deal for me yesterday early morning, as they had not send the invoices to Nikon France yet and it was due later that day.

I felt like it was the universe telling me « it’s your chance now, go get it, it won’t happen twice » 😄

So I got it for 750€ which completely fit the budget, and it is almost a 500€ price difference with the Maven and GPO Passion.

Thought I found a GPO Passion HD (new, not used) for 650€ on a german website (I think foto-erhart), which seems to me surprising low as they are advertised for at least 1,200/1,300€ over here.

Should the MHG not fit my needs, I will turn to the GPO. But I have a good feeling about the MHG.

EDIT : I am very interested into the Vortex products, I put an eye on a Razor scope once and I found it quite stunning . It’s a brand I am keeping a close eye on ! If I was living in the US , I have little to no doubt that I would have picked Vortex products for binos and scope.

So… received… and super happy 😃 the optic is great and comfortable, first of all I don’t regret switching from 8x to 10x. The image is crisp and sharp to the edges, it has a nice field of view for a 10x mag, little CA, no tunnel vision, the focuser is great and even though weight was not an issue, the compactness and lightness is sooo enjoyable (I like small things that I can carry around easily), so I realize that following the famous moto « the best gear is the one you mostly use » : I would have less enjoyed bulky/heavy binos.

So… received… and super happy 😃 the optic is great and comfortable, first of all I don’t regret switching from 8x to 10x. The image is crisp and sharp to the edges, it has a nice field of view for a 10x mag, little CA, no tunnel vision, the focuser is great and even though weight was not an issue, the compactness and lightness is sooo enjoyable (I like small things that I can carry around easily), so I realize that following the famous moto « the best gear is the one you mostly use » : I would have less enjoyed bulky/heavy binos.

May they bring many happy years of great birding enjoyment to you!! Excellent choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back