• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wader at Cramond (Scotland) (1 Viewer)

MacGee

I saw this wader recently and can think of lots of things it can't be (or shouldn't be) but I don't know what it is. It's the one standing to the left of the Redshank in one picture and to the right in the other. It had light-coloured legs, greyish-green or maybe greyish yellow-green. Can anyone help?

Michael

Attachments

• Wader at Cramond 2.jpg
    Wader at Cramond 2.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 287
  • Wader at Cramond.jpg
    Wader at Cramond.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 180
Good photos. One of them could be in one of Halcon's quizes!

Allen

BTW, I saw a greenshank in the Isle of Man on Saturday, a bit further south than Cramond.

Okay, Greenshank it is. That was my original thought, but then I thought that the bill wasn't long enough. But I suspect now that the dark tip was being lost against the dark seaweed. There were quite a few, incidentally; maybe six. Thanks, everyone.

Michael

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back