• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Want to set up a bird watch group for SE London (1 Viewer)

Cheekyg

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been posting here of late.
I have been going through some terrible times.
I recently lost my partner of 4 half years to a sudden clot to his heart, he passed away suddenly in my arms, he was 44. I miss him terribly.

My GP and friends have said maybe I could try and set up a local bird watch community, seeing as I love wild birds so much and am fascinated by them.

I don't know of any groups in the South East (& Central) London areas, there are loads of birds to look out for! (Even in my garden and I live near London Bridge!).

If anyone is interested, please let me know

Thank you

- Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Check out the central London RSPB Group as they run monthly coach trips from Embankment plus a series of local trips and talks. I live in North London so have only been on their coach trips and they are very worthwhile.

Link here: http://www.janja.dircon.co.uk/rspb/

Hi mate

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you find lots of comfort in this wonderful hobby of ours.

As the previous poster said there is the central RSPB london club. There may be others that cover your area. I know there are a few that cover North East london. Perhaps check on the RSPB website.

I dont know whether you drive or not but not far from you is a small birding site called bow ecological park just the other side of the river opposite the millenium dome. Here is a blogsite that covers more details http://eastindiaman.blogspot.co.uk/

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back