• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Waterfowl Sanctuary (1 Viewer)

budstone2023

United States
Hello Everyone:
Though hard word, I never thought I fall for Mallards when their mother and her 10 ducklings found their way into our backyard, because of the pool. Somehow we convinced the owner to please let the ducklings stay until they grew their flight feathers. Now she is keeping the pool empty. But I have learned so much by having them four months. The pleasure of watching them grow and play. I would again and again. I guess pools are more important than baby ducklings . When God said cute he meant baby ducklings, their little bills, and little web feet. How they play and ride on the pool surface ckeaner.

Any one who had knowledge on how to open a duck sanctuary please advise.

People should learn to open their pools for Ducks & their ducklings. I can explain how to care for the pool, so it won't get trashed. 100 years from now people will be aching to see a wild Mallard Duck and her ducklings come into a yard. I hope it does not come to that, but I do not forecast the opposite.

Cindy

Attachments

• IMG_20230812_121455.jpg
    IMG_20230812_121455.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back