• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wax Wing (1 Viewer)

Davemed

Every Day Is A New Day
While walking over a railway Bridge at Northwich Station, twitchers were photographing a group of Wax Wings from Sweden eating apples near an old unused signal box. Evidently, they are rare to see here.

My digital camera was useless for this close up work and I asked a chap would he email a photograph. He kindly did. How kind.

He sent me this by email.

Excellent.

David.

Attachments

• Waxwing-23-12-2010.jpg
    Waxwing-23-12-2010.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 89
While walking over a railway Bridge at Northwich Station, twitchers were photographing a group of Wax Wings from Sweden eating apples near an old unused signal box. Evidently, they are rare to see here.

My digital camera was useless for this close up work and I asked a chap would he email a photograph. He kindly did. How kind.

He sent me this by email.

Excellent.

David.

I take it the picture was taken last winter?

CB

I take it the picture was taken last winter?

CB

Hello CB,

Actually it was two or three years ago and it was in February-March.

Evidently I was told by the chap who sent me the photograph, word had got round the Wax Wings did not usually show up so far from home. Hence all the twitchers on the scene.

David.

Hello CB,

Actually it was two or three years ago and it was in February-March.

Evidently I was told by the chap who sent me the photograph, word had got round the Wax Wings did not usually show up so far from home. Hence all the twitchers on the scene.

David.

Waxwings are annually seen in Cheshire but in some years we get 100's but in others we only get a handful.

I would say Waxwings are among the "Top 10 british birds" of most birdwatchers.

CB

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back