• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Welcome to Nick's dining room table. (1 Viewer)

Why are these sort of things so stressful? GAAAAAAAAHH

After having parted with a nice sum of money to get the posters and invitations printed, the gallery now informs me that they're not a gallery, and it would be illegal to advertise as such, which means that I've got to now stick little bits of paper all over the posters (some of which are already up) and redo the invitations.

again, GAAAAAAAHHH

this is what happens when I don't paint for a week!

They've at least agreed with me that sticking different words over the offending ones will be fine. How's this for being knocked when you're down, they also told me the offending word was spelt wrong!

I think if they're not allowed to trade as a gallery, then perhaps they should stop masquerading as such, but then I'm a bit of a bitch today (I'm at work!). Feel the need to go sketching on Saturday!

Still no new paintings done, but the posters and invitations are now ok, can't find any time to paint whilst moving, can't wait to get into the new flat and start painting.
Also had some good news yesterday, I've been elected as associate member of the SWLA, which is a bit better than the 300€ council tax bill that arrived at the same time!

Congratulations Nick, it was only a matter of time and highly deserving you are too!

Mike

Many congratulations on that recognition- not that anyone on here needs telling that you are the real deal. Now if ever there was person who deserves to have a book published based on a place and its birds through one or more seasons..

Last edited:
Thanks everybody!
It's been too long without any pics on here, so here are a few things that I've managed to get done in between thinking about packing boxes: 2 wallcreepers and a cirl bunting for the exhibition, plus some pallid swifts and the magpies/hoodie from Italy.

Attachments

• DSCF6769.JPG
    DSCF6769.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF6771.JPG
    DSCF6771.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCF6770.JPG
    DSCF6770.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCF6772.JPG
    DSCF6772.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF6774.JPG
    DSCF6774.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 71
Love the swifts Nick, it really makes you want to walk inside (particularly on a grey autumn day like today!).

Congrats on the SWLA nomination too.

Quite Brilliant Nick! It's all wonderful, the lot. That first Wallcreeper is super, gonna go have another look in a minute! Maggies/Hoodie is a triumph too, full of energy, the pallids are a bit special too. Where to start with the praise, seriously good work this, love it...

I'm quite honestly totally in love with your wallcreepers. Each and every one I've seen - wow just doesn't describe the feeling. From these two - the first one is quite interesting with the patterns - creative, very creative. And the second... I think I'm gonna have to take another look just in a second.

The swifts - how come you can still come up with new styles (same goes for the bunting)? And it's a very splendid, vivid, beautiful scene.

Hoodie and mags - dynamic.

Oh and congrats - you've definitely deserved your place as an associate member. :)

Elina

At last, managed to get out for an hour or two to the gravel pits and rather glad I did, managed to get 3 new species for the place - 15 Shoveler, 2 Dunlin and a Stock Dove. Also the gravel extractions have made the sand martin colony an island now, so hopefully that'll reduce disturbance there. There was a family of Coypu asleep on the island, in the sketches we've got Shovelers, a Wigeon, Mallards, Common Sandpiper and a rather handsome juvenile Little Stint.

As for moving house - this is the dining room table now, and we're moving it all tomorrow (when I'm at work)! EEK!

Attachments

• osselleoct08 002.jpg
    osselleoct08 002.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 62
  • osselleoct08 003.jpg
    osselleoct08 003.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 53
  • osselleoct08 004.jpg
    osselleoct08 004.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 62
  • osselleoct08 005.jpg
    osselleoct08 005.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 83
Fabulous sketching Nick. Really bold lines.

I'm going to print off your table to show Maria when she complains about the state I leave ours in!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back