• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Welcome to Nick's dining room table. (1 Viewer)

A fine timepiece with a jewelled dial. I love the colours of this, all blues and greys with just a hint of warmth, then the one glorious red hotspot!

Mike

Had an excellent weekend, freezing my tits off resulted in Rough-legged Buzzard, Great Grey Shrike, Whhoper Swan and Northern Long-tailed Tit (well the last one was seen from my window so a little more comfortable) the sketches are clearly done with cold hands!

First the roughleg....

Attachments

• DSCF8861.JPG
    DSCF8861.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF8862.JPG
    DSCF8862.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF8863.JPG
    DSCF8863.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF8866.JPG
    DSCF8866.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCF8867.JPG
    DSCF8867.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 63
now Captain Excubitor, with a cheeky Crossbill and a Raven.

Attachments

• DSCF8859.JPG
    DSCF8859.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF8860.JPG
    DSCF8860.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF8865.JPG
    DSCF8865.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF8858.JPG
    DSCF8858.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF8864.JPG
    DSCF8864.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 42
super Whooper - a Franche-Comté tick, that was on the pool at Pagney, sadly the wildfowlers have found that this pool is an excellent bird magnet and seem to be there every day from dawn - so most things just fly off and don't come back. I was there just in time to watch it for half an hour before all the swans flew out. The sketches are very shaky as it was only on getting out of the car that I realised I wasn't suitably dressed for the cold North-East wind.

Then we have some of the visitors to the neighbours' garden.

Now to paint some more of these up before I have to go to work this evening.

Attachments

• DSCF8870.JPG
    DSCF8870.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF8871.JPG
    DSCF8871.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF8868.JPG
    DSCF8868.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF8869.JPG
    DSCF8869.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF8872.JPG
    DSCF8872.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 35
oh I love them all...and a great compostion of the colors

greetings Gaby

Have to agree with Gaby: I love them all! They're all such a pleasure to see and as usual show just how exciting field sketching can be. And that second buzzard almost seems to portray the wind underneath it. You can just feel the sense of loft in it!

Another wonderful set of Derry's! The first Rough Leg preceded by winter vegetation is top class Nick. Spent the day looking for this species by coincidence, distant views in terrible conditions, viewing these has made up for that though...
The rest is superb too, wonderful Shrike amd Whooper Swans, really hits the spot. The Crossbill sketch is eye catching, a great little study. Fieldwork that warms the cockles on the coldest of days Nick...

Another great group of sketches, Nick! In particular, I like the Rough-legged, and of those, the one showing the underwing carpal patches nicely.

Magical work. There's something very wholesome, almost nutritious, about looking at your work; it really gives the feel-good factor. Marvellous.

Magical work. There's something very wholesome, almost nutritious, about looking at your work; it really gives the feel-good factor. Marvellous.

wholesome! I'll have you know I'm hiding behind the curtains with the scope trained on the feeders next door waiting for the long-tailed tit to come back. I look like a right pervert, and not in the good way! :-O

wholesome! I'll have you know I'm hiding behind the curtains with the scope trained on the feeders next door waiting for the long-tailed tit to come back. I look like a right pervert, and not in the good way! :-O
. . . yep, that's your story - and I'm sure you'll be sticking to it . . . . .
(erm, the story, I mean) :-O

. . . yep, that's your story - and I'm sure you'll be sticking to it . . . . .
(erm, the story, I mean) :-O

I am shocked by your implications Tim....:eek!:....[chuckle]....!

ps...i am sure that Nick's intentions with a telescope are totally innocent...

pps...unless he's wearing a gimp mask of course....:eek!:

;)

Heading towards another one of those conversations I see!

Inspiring sketchwork Nick, everything described with economy and confidence.

I gotta go 'sharpen my pencil'...Oops matron, there it goes again!

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back