• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Welcome to Nick's dining room table. (1 Viewer)

knackered - been painting all week......

Attachments

• paintings march 2011 002.jpg
    paintings march 2011 002.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 62
  • paintings march 2011 003.jpg
    paintings march 2011 003.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 63
  • paintings march 2011 007.jpg
    paintings march 2011 007.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 59
  • paintings march 2011 008.jpg
    paintings march 2011 008.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 58
  • paintings march 2011 006.jpg
    paintings march 2011 006.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 60
more.....

Attachments

• paintings march 2011 010.jpg
    paintings march 2011 010.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 54
  • paintings march 2011 011.jpg
    paintings march 2011 011.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 60
  • paintings march 2011 017.jpg
    paintings march 2011 017.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 51
  • paintings march 2011 009.jpg
    paintings march 2011 009.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 75
  • greyhead.jpg
    greyhead.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 56
enough woodpeckers!

sorry for the bad light - sleep now.

Attachments

• paintings march 2011 004.jpg
    paintings march 2011 004.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 68
  • paintings march 2011 005.jpg
    paintings march 2011 005.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 67
  • paintings march 2011 013.jpg
    paintings march 2011 013.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 71
  • paintings march 2011 015.jpg
    paintings march 2011 015.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 78
So much to see - an absolute feast!! I'll say no more than the obvious - if anyone was ever in any doubt that we are graced here with an artist of the most incredible vision, then these last posts should dispel any lingering doubt. You could be the man to finally achieve the label 'Artist' without hesitation nor reference to the 'Widllife' bit . . .
The greyhead in inks and the lappy collage are paintings from the very highest echelon.
Well done - you deserve a sleep.

Last edited:
Just truly amazing. I feel privileged just seeing these appearing on the forum, fingers crossed that many, many more people are going to see these and marvel at them one day.

So much to see - an absolute feast!! I'll say no more than the obvious - if anyone was ever in any doubt that we are graced here with an artist of the most incredible vision, then these last posts should dispel any lingering doubt. You could be the man to finally achieve the label 'Artist' without hesitation nor reference to the 'Widllife' bit . . .
The greyhead in inks and the lappy collage are paintings from the very highest echelon.
Well done - you deserve a sleep.

What more can you say? These are rich, rich, rich! And those woodpeckers are getting the paintings that they deserve.

Wow, what an amazing group of outstanding art pieces! Woodpeckers being a favorite family of birds for me, I tried to pick out a favorite among them - concluding it wasn't possible. They're all fantastic...as are the other non-woodpecker pieces.

I've seen some quite incredible work posted on this thread Nick, but this latest avalanche is of the very highest quality...

Difficult to express just how good this work is, the first piece would of been enough on it's own, what a painting that is. It goes on though, several paintings more that collectively explore, shape and express what it is for an artist to take in an experience, mould it into a visual imagery that completely conveys the colour, shape and form of the experience.

Some of the finest work I've ever seen....

Been away for a while and I come back to THIS!!!

Nick, something has become un-blocked in you. I am astounded by the power of light, colour and honest capture in these latest. And the easy abstracts you achieve.

I believe you are finding an epiphany. What went before was remarkable.

I have no words to describe what is happening now...

I am aghast! SOOO beautiful!

Sleep well!

I've seen some quite incredible work posted on this thread Nick, but this latest avalanche is of the very highest quality...

Difficult to express just how good this work is, the first piece would of been enough on it's own, what a painting that is. It goes on though, several paintings more that collectively explore, shape and express what it is for an artist to take in an experience, mould it into a visual imagery that completely conveys the colour, shape and form of the experience.

Some of the finest work I've ever seen....

Cant be said more clearly than that, shows the astounding range of your vision, my fav is the tree with the blue background, where only after really looking you see the bird, just the perfect experience.

Cant be said more clearly than that, shows the astounding range of your vision, my fav is the tree with the blue background, where only after really looking you see the bird, just the perfect experience.

stupendous effort- odious to pick favourites but currently the 2 GH-W with the blue inked sky background gets it from where I sit

that Middle-spotted is in danger of getting overlooked in the excitement when alone it is really something- I once got up early and saw one like that with sun shinging through its raised crest and am transported back very happily

Blimey....!!!! :eek!:

Your brushes are on fire Nick......:cat:

What an amazing talent you have.....[i am full of admiration].....quite superb..:t:

Sleep deprivation suites you, Nick - I can only agree with the accuracy of others' comments. The Lapwings and the kites are just mind-blowing.

Now, over to Facebook.

a damp grey day, spent hunting out the less common woodpeckers with the mp3 - the only one that I managed to get was the lesser pecker - no middle spots, grey-headed or black today. Plenty of frogs, remember I have a phobia of these creatures, so it was quite stressful to sketch them, then my hope of looking for jack snipe on the deck was foiled by this hen harrier that put up three snipe (and not a lot else!) Dreading finding out what has been seen at Pagney today - that'll teach me to go to places to give atlas codes for things!

Plus some things that looked like frogs - Zippy is doing her best impression.

Attachments

• marais de saone march 13 010.jpg
    marais de saone march 13 010.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 58
  • marais de saone march 13 011.jpg
    marais de saone march 13 011.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 53
  • marais de saone march 13 001frog.JPG
    marais de saone march 13 001frog.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 64
  • zippy's frog impression.JPG
    zippy's frog impression.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 58
a damp grey day, spent hunting out the less common woodpeckers with the mp3 - the only one that I managed to get was the lesser pecker - no middle spots, grey-headed or black today. Plenty of frogs, remember I have a phobia of these creatures, so it was quite stressful to sketch them, then my hope of looking for jack snipe on the deck was foiled by this hen harrier that put up three snipe (and not a lot else!) Dreading finding out what has been seen at Pagney today - that'll teach me to go to places to give atlas codes for things!

Plus some things that looked like frogs - Zippy is doing her best impression.

Nice stressed frogs, great lines....

Not seen a Hen Harrier for a bit, nice sketches...

What a feast of colour, style and drama!
The cranes and the cormorant/med gull composition are superb and are my faves from this latest bunch. Alas, as wondrous as the others look I would no doubt appreciate them tons more if painted myself. My tastes are not the norm, though: I like corn beef as much as fillet steak, and it might be difficult to educate one with such preferences!

Russ

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back