• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Welcome to Nick's dining room table. (2 Viewers)

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! (Doesn't that look weird when you write it down?!) There's not much else to say when a Derry torrent hits the threads. It's just visual heaven.

Mike

always love viewing your work nick,so full of life and movement.the owl piece i particularly liked,both the attitude of the birds and the composition you chose,smashin!

That first group of paintings has to be among your best if not your very best ever! They are successful in so many ways. At the end though I think it's the ease of them and seeming lack of struggle in such ambitious paintings that always strikes me most.

My god, speachless... The Eagle Owls is my favourite, but.. No I can't choose a favourite. All them are just mind blowing!

Up to the usual highest of standards. The field watercolurs are a pleasure to view and that Wood Pipers piece is a feast for the eyes, what a pallette. Great to see you finally believe in Wryneck's existence, a favourite bird of mine and these are top drawer...

Oh Lordy, another visual feast. Very difficult to pick stand outs here again but for me it's the yelow wag and wader fest and the owls. With the former it sems you're almost venturing into Darren Woodhead territory with all what's going on, and the owl pic is magnificent - I just love the youngster!

Once again I wish I could say more about this kind of work but I 'll always struggle untill I learn what a brush is for!

Stunning all the same.

Russ

eep! I posted NOTHING in June! Here's what I was supposed to post.

My lifer Griffon Vulture - one of 9 seen that day of a vagrant group of 12 - superb birds!

Kites under attack - Red with Fieldfares (still can't get my head round them being here in the summer) and then Black with Lapwings.

A lonely Lesser Spotted Eagle, the displaying male - our female doesn't seem to have come back this year.

and to continue the lifers, Collared Flycatchers - this is how birding should be done - visit suitable habitat after research, see the bird you're looking for, watch them as long as you like.

Attachments

• smDSCF0898.JPG
    smDSCF0898.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 49
  • smDSCF0897.JPG
    smDSCF0897.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 53
  • smDSCF0901.JPG
    smDSCF0901.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 48
  • smDSCF0904.JPG
    smDSCF0904.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 70
  • smDSCF0906.JPG
    smDSCF0906.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 68
and for the others:

Bee Eaters - painted whilst drunk, when I'm very old I'll try painting them on acid (too risky now).
Woodchats, with sunflowers and in the rain. A very rare bird in the region - nice to have a pair on my local patch this year.

and IKEA SQUEAKY BIRDS! as Motacilla flava thunbergi has been renamed. Running around under some digging machines.

Attachments

• smDSCF0899.JPG
    smDSCF0899.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 78
  • smDSCF0902.JPG
    smDSCF0902.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 67
  • smDSCF0900.JPG
    smDSCF0900.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 71
  • smDSCF0903.JPG
    smDSCF0903.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 64
  • smDSCF0905.JPG
    smDSCF0905.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 72
First Bee-eaters, Collared Flycatchers and the Ikea birds. That last one reminds me of a painting I keep thinking about, cattle egrets in front of a massive tractor that I saw a year or two ago.

And how could I forget the sunflowers! They're always tempting to do but don't often work out successfully. I like the way you've made them dominant.

Mind blowing!!
From the prolific Tim to the prolific Nick!
A visual feast , every sheet of paper is coming alive with so much
rythm , contrasts and colours!
I love these bluish shadows in the Bee eaters pic..

Paschalis

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back