• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

West Midlands County News (1 Viewer)

Yep ....and hope some people report them outside their buddies so others can enjoy....

Point taken, Keith, but this was reported on Twitter on Weds afternoon. I don't have a Facebook account, so I can't comment on what goes on there, but there are a good number of local birders posting sightings promptly on Twitter.

No mention on here until Friday...

Not suppression is my eyes (and I suspect most other peole's).

I would viewTwitter and to a lesser extent Facebook as essential tools for birding - you are more than welcome to join the West Midlands Birding page on Facebook that I run with Adam Archer.

I would viewTwitter and to a lesser extent Facebook as essential tools for birding - you are more than welcome to join the West Midlands Birding page on Facebook that I run with Adam Archer.

OK thanks...never heard of the group...will check it out later...

Agree Phil. Find twitter/Facebook an essential part of modern birding.
No longer have a pager but "following" local & national birders/sites gives as much information. This can be supplemented with phone apps Birdguides & RBA if needed.
Twitter is good for immediate & daily updates along with Facebook West Midlands Birding page for WM regional news. Essential following.
Don't consider Facebook Forum pages as an immediate info source. As the word Forum suggests more a discussion option.
The Slav Grebe in question was regularly updated on both these media outlets.
No excuses for anyone with a mobile phone not to broadcast immediate or update sightings other than bad reception or not owning one of course!
Just as important is to relay "no sign". Thus giving an option to birders to go, wait or desist from travelling.
"The world is out there"

Have to travel up M5 > M6 every day and keep seeing "loads of birds" just before the Lidl warehouse ....one day it was Gulls and Corvids and today it was Swifts...most I have seen at one time this year.
Looked on google Maps and only feature I can see is the River Tame....wonder what I will see Friday ?

RED KITE soaring over the area where Hagley Road crosses the M5 around 4pm today...I was going south and it was too my left...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back