• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What’s using my new tilt box?? (1 Viewer)

adyH

United Kingdom
Hello I am new to this forum. last October I was given a new 3rd generation wi fi camera bird box as an early. Christmas present from my family😍. (There was an old box that was successful for 2 seasons but needed replacing. ) so I put the new one in exactly the place - hoping the blue tits didn’t notice. Main difference it bigger but I can now see them on my phone and iPad - brilliant. Winter came and sure enough a blue tit roosted happily on the. Dry cold nights. No sign of anything Allston month or so - there is obviously something using it quite regularly as the amount of “poo” is increasing, despite the fact I cleaned it out once she or he had stopped roosting in it so it was all clean and ready for nesting. Since theni it is dirtier then ever! So - what to do??? Firstly what’s using it - is it a bird,or is it a mammal. Should I take the front panel off and clean it again or leave well alone. This is my first experience of a camera in a nest box not sure what to expect. As far as I know I know there has been no activity around this box or my other two. I live on the isle of Wight so weather usually slightly warmer her. I;will do my best to attach a photo of the inside of the box - very inexperienced at doing this so my not work!
thanks for any;help or suggestions from fellow birders.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back