• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What a week!!! (1 Viewer)

Booga

Wil Wilson
hello all,

ok, on the day I had my job interview my 'EXPERIENCES' went like this:

walked out of door, chatted to neighbour, my dog peed on my leg!!!

walking in the woods I had a goldcrest try and fly into my face, it missed and the shat on my arm!!! being one of my fave birds I was more than happy, I got the job!!!!!!

Today though was amazing!! I started the day with long-tailed tits in my garedn on the feeders, they shot off the second I decided to get the camera!!! But on my walk this morning, I saw lesser spotted woodie, 6 great-spotted, and 2 green. I was able to get a sighting of a willow tit, and 3 goldcrest.

BTW I also got 13 roe deer, lead by a splendid stag, they ran fastr but he stayed back to protect.

I saw my kingfisher on the footbridge on my way home, he posed for 10 mins before flying off to peace and quiet.

And to top it all off the lesser-spotted woodpecker came to my garden for about 20 seconds in my tall acer campestre.

Then I got a txt from camberley red, to say he had got a lesser spooted woodie and a firecrest at Fleet Pond this morning!!!!

My best birding day so far!!!!!!

Booga I’m looking for work at the moment. About to go down to my local patch to see the gang of Firecrests I met on Monday morning. Well I can’t sit by the ‘phone all day can I? If it worked for you maybe it will work for me, hope Firecrest poop works as well as Goldcrests! How do I get one to do the “business”? Paul.

Last edited:
I hate you paul!!! I am desperate to see a Firecrest and you have a whole gang!

Every time I see a goldcrest they seem to Poop with surprising regularity for such a small bird, I don't know if it's just that I spend a lot of time watching them so it seems like all the time or that they are naturally so frequent.

Good luck with the job hunting BTW

Thanks Booga. Actually I was well chuffed with my Firecrests, it was my first positive ID of them. Once you’ve seen them there’s no mistake, if you’re not sure that means it’s a Goldcrest!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back