• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What possible reasons could anybody have fir doing this? (1 Viewer)

Andy Lakin

Screenshot_20230117-202423_AOL.jpgSurely this was an illegal act. What possible "reason could anyone have for doing this? You would assume that the owls were killed to prevent them taking gamebird chicks. Seriously how many, if any chicks would they have predated? A lot of the pro hunting brigade bang on about how knowledgeable gamekeepers are and the good they do for the environment, but it seems that some of their beliefs are based on beliefs perpetuated from decades ago rather that facts.

There are a lot of people doing fantastic work trying to stop raptor persecution but things seem to be getting worse in recent years despite their efforts. People like Raptor Persecution and the RSPB etc are doing a fantastic job but are up against it as it seems that unless gamekeepers are caught in the act the cases are bound to fail. Are these organisations costs covered at all if their evidence leads to a persecution. Surely any fines should go straight into their coffers.Some of the stuff the police come out with is absolutely ridiculous, can't they just ask a wildlife officer their opinion before coming out with nonsensical statements.

Apologies for doing this arse backwards but it wouldn't let me just post a link and kept trying to add a previous link. If somebody could correct this/ let me know how to correct this in future I would be grateful.
Cheers Andy.

...and on that note...

FIVE goshawks shot & dumped in King's Forest, Suffolk: police appeal for information.

The culprit has been caught:

I would imagine instances of wildlife crime are a low priority offence for most police forces. Totally not justifying this but when.most forces are under funded/ staffed you can understand why to some extent. The thing is though how many past offences have criminals like this committed? I would love to know what was the evidence that helped convict him, as obviously he wasn't caught in the act.
If you watch any of the real life police shows you soon realise how many people aren't convicted due to lack of rvidence!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back