• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What's the latest on Meopta? (4 Viewers)

Thinking about it, the new investors are probably not very well aware of the history of Meopta other than "brochure deep".
They might not have been looking closely at how Meopta have been advertising (or NOT) the different segments over time.
Surely they look at the numbers - but not what has been done to achieve those numbers through creating and sustaining brand recognition. Meopta could have been a bigger brand on the consumer side.

I am not sure of how Meopta execs and staff are involved in the take over turmoil. Meopta are large enough that there must be a lot of aspects that get overlooked and the new "strategy" might not be in line with Meoptas previous engagement in the respective market segments, consumer or industry. What I am afraid of is that they will axe the consumer part of the company and focus on the industrial relations.

That is one of the reasons I recently repurchased the Meopta B1.1 8x32 - if the binocular part ceases to exist completely I will at least own two fine binoculars from them.

And if I am wrong, which I hope I am, then we can eventually look forward to a B2 binocular series from them. And that could be exciting, but I ain't holding my breath...
That's interesting. The uncertainty of the future initially pushed me off getting the binoculars because I didn't know at what time support would cease. But I like your logic better of acquiring a fine binocular with distinct characteristics such as a "big eyes" fov (from what I've read).

If I had the cash I really wanted to get the 32mm that were on sale at Cameraland a few months for $1000.

That's interesting. The uncertainty of the future initially pushed me off getting the binoculars because I didn't know at what time support would cease. But I like your logic better of acquiring a fine binocular with distinct characteristics such as a "big eyes" fov (from what I've read).

If I had the cash I really wanted to get the 32mm that were on sale at Cameraland a few months for $1000.
Keep your eyes out, they do pop up once in a while, just have to be ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back