• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

whats this uk (1 Viewer)

Hi - yes, it is a hoverfly.

Very sad if there were hundreds of dead ones - plus unusual to have 'hundreds' of the same one all in the same area.

Linda

Hi - yes, it is a hoverfly.

Very sad if there were hundreds of dead ones - plus unusual to have 'hundreds' of the same one all in the same area.

Linda
Thanks yes that's why I wasn't sure bout it being a hoverfly as you dont usually see so many together most seemed dopey at first but then they all started dying they are all over the warehouse so hundreds may be an under estimation
Cheers

Thanks yes that's why I wasn't sure bout it being a hoverfly as you dont usually see so many together most seemed dopey at first but then they all started dying they are all over the warehouse so hundreds may be an under estimation
Cheers

How strange. Actually, you might like to post that picture and the circumstances on the Hoverfly Recording Scheme forum. This might be of interest to them. The website is:
http://www.hoverfly.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=5

Roger Morris may well be interested (or he may not) but I always feel that this sort of thing, particularly with those numbers, should be reported to the appropriate organisation for possible further investigation.

Linda

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back