• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What's your most common (1 Viewer)

Until very lately almost nothing at all for me. But in the last week or so I would rank them like this:

Chickadee (~10)
House Sparrow (5 or 6...maybe less but the singing makes it seem like more)
Junco (5 or so depending on the time of day...they favor the morning)
Bushtit (saw a group on the feeder a few days ago...have not returned so far)
Anna's Hummingbird (I think we have 3 coming around right now)
Scrub jay
Goldfinch (my wife saw one yesterday)
Flicker (saw one a few weeks back)

depends which way you look at it,

we have 4 house sparrows which hardly ever leave, so on time spent in the garden it would have to be them,

but on sheer numbers it would have to be the starlings which some times turn up in 50s

followed by jackdaws at 20+

Common Redpoll (easily), then Redwing, Blackbird, Starling, and in this weather Snow Bunting (sit on my roof, rarely come down).

Probably New holland honeyeaters, though to be honest, it's been a pretty quite season for them this year, I'm guessing because there's been so much rain and therefore a lot of good feed around, they have more options.

On sheer numbers it's House Sparrows, up to 20 at a time, but for frequency of visits it's Siskins.

6-8 of them at the feeders almost all day, and boy do they LOVE sunflower hearts !!

Blue Tits, Great Tits, House Sparrow & a Robin the other day while I was filling the feeders Mum said there was a Robin sitting right next to my feet.

1. California Quail (winner by far)
2. House Sparrow
3. No clear winner for third place, even seasonally

But my favorite yard bird--hands down--is the Western Scrub Jay

Last edited:
My frequent feeders

:clap:1. American Goldfinch (if only my feeder could accomodate more! They fight quite often - nyjer seed gorgers)
2.Sparrows (mainly white-crowned, and song sparrows)
3.Anna's Hummingbirds (about 2-3 visiting right now)

Woodpeckers and orioles are on my wishlist of sightings, though...:flyaway:

Attachments

• MAR-7-11 039.jpg
    MAR-7-11 039.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 53
Great Tits
Blue Tits
Afew Long Tailed Tits.
We have some Blue Tits that have started 'renting' our bird boxes.
Magpies/Starlings/Wood pigeons

Hav"nt been on here for about 12 months due to house moving and not been very well both of us.Got to be goldfinches then house sparrows and third blue tits.

The most common would be the black capped chickadee, followed by tufted titmouse, and nuthatch. It would greatly depend on season and the feed type matters also. Using only oil sunflower the house sparrows stay away. As Birdseye said the goldfinches love the niger seed. I like the chickadees because they are not afraid of coming right up to me as I fill the feeders.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back