• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wheelsby Woods (1 Viewer)

Zebs

Conservation is our Future
Wheelsby Woods is situated on the southern edge of Grimsby Town Centre,From the A180 head for Cleethorpes, at the Issiacs Hill Roundabout, turn right onto Clee Road to the next Roundabout Right onto Wheelsby Road and the Woods are on your left.The Woods are a Mixed variety of trees with some very old and Rotted trees mixed in with the living ones. On a good day you can expect to see 3 varieties of Wood pecker most Game birds and most garden and woodland birds. It was a Sunny day that i was met with when i arrived in the Car park, As i proceeded across the green i was greeted with total Bird song, I proceeded across the green and into the Woods i saw Blackbird,Starling,Woodpigeon,Magpie,CarrionCrow, Bluetit,Longtailed tit,Chaffinch,Chiffchaff,Blackcap,Great tit, A pair of Nest building Sparrow Hawks,Numerous Greater Spotted Woodpecker drumming, a trio of Wrens, Pheasant, Willow warbler, Tree Creeper, Bullfinch, Coal tit, Willow tit, Dunnock, Tree Sparrow, robin, God Finch and Green Finch. There seemed to be Wall to wall Chiffchaff and Willow warbler and even the woodpeckers seemed to be competing with each other who could drum for the longest. All this were seen in about 2 hours walk, Well worth a visit....

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back