• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where can I have Swaro 25-50 zoom adapted for longer e/r? (1 Viewer)

Boogieshrew

Hi all,

Does anyone know anyone in the UK who can adapt the 25-50x Swaro zoom as described via the link above?

The link does not seem to imply that the eye relief can be altered.
I expect it refers to simply removing the rubber cup from the top of the eyepiece.
when wearing spectacles.That should allow you to get your eye a little closer to the lens in the eyepiece#

The link does not seem to imply that the eye relief can be altered.
I expect it refers to simply removing the rubber cup from the top of the eyepiece.
when wearing spectacles.That should allow you to get your eye a little closer to the lens in the eyepiece#
No, the reason we did it was to get better eye relief without sacrifying the protection of the eyeglasses. That rubber cup guarantees the eyeglasses don't get scratched.

I have tried the 25-50 without the eyecup in the past and it is pretty much guaranteed to scratch your glasses and didnt give that great an improvement on the e/r.

I may have a lead on someone with a lathe so I am hopeful of getting this adaptation done 👍

No, the reason we did it was to get better eye relief without sacrifying the protection of the eyeglasses. That rubber cup guarantees the eyeglasses don't get scratched.
Hi Swissboy,

Do you still use your adapted e/p? Are you happy with it still?
Does it have enough eye relief to be perfectly useable while wearing glasses?

Thanks

Hi Swissboy,

Do you still use your adapted e/p? Are you happy with it still?
Does it have enough eye relief to be perfectly useable while wearing glasses?

Thanks
Hi, yes, my scope still has that special eyepiece. The benefit is noticeable, but it is not optimal. Yet, the best I could do. Part of the problem comes from the fact that I needed thicker prisms on my eyeglasses. The adaptation to the scope dates from 10 years ago, and my eyes have aged a bit more since then. I can't use scopes and other optics without my glasses on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back