• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which Copper, Cyprus (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
I fished this out of the pool today, looks like Lesser Fiery? The spring brood is tailess, links are just for comparison, the attachment is mine, Small Copper is the only other option.

Attachments

• 1650709689002.jpg
    1650709689002.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Looks good for L. thersamon to me Andy (I see a lot of them here). Clearly not L. phlaeas and we can also rule out L. tityrus which I would have said was more of a confusion risk.

Chris

Indeed Lesser Fiery Copper, has been slightly more common than Small Copper this week on Cyprus, and seems to have been a bit of an emergence these last two days - quite a few nice fresh ones today

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back