• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which Minivet? North-east Thailand (1 Viewer)

jack2964

Took this awhile back and still unsure of its true ID. I think it could either be grey-chinned or long-tailed. Or am I completely wrong?
This was taken at a temple ground adjacent to a low hill in rural Thailand (Korat/Nakhon Ratchasima). Elevation is estimated to be around 300m.
Help gratefully appreciated.

Attachments

• Minivet, unsure.jpg
    Minivet, unsure.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 74
Do you have any more pics, even if only at a slightly better angle showing the wings more clearly? Inclined to agree with Dalat, but it would be nice to see that yellow in the wings he refers to a bit more clearly, in case it's not where we think it is! And the bird is a bit of a funny colour somehow.

Thanks Dalat and Larry. Unfortunately, I don't have anymore pics at a better angle. I think Scarlet sounds good given the elevation of this sighting.

If it's any help, the photo was taken on 27th Nov., 2010. I would be delighted if it's a Rosy as that would be another tick for me. I've managed to find another pic which is pretty similar to the first except this has a slight tilt in the bird's head which I hope may help. Thanks to all.

Attachments

• Minivet, unsure.jpg
    Minivet, unsure.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 38
I beg your pardon...silly me attached the same first photo. I'll try again here.

Attachments

• minivet unsure1.jpg
    minivet unsure1.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 38
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back