• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Win 10, slow running (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
Has anyone else had issues with an inbuilt app in Windows 10 which takes a whole lot of memory and really slows your comp down?

The issue is related to Windows Store which is an obligatory part of the platform. I've followed several 'how to' items but haven't been able to succesfully remove the programme which appears right at the bottom of 'processes' as wsappx and here's one of the articles I've used to try and kill it.

Wsappx is part of Windows. It is not just Windows store, killing it will effect the updating of programs and may even prevent some from running. The fact it is using lots of resources is a symptom of another problem. This is usually a disagreement between the programs it thinks are installed and those that are actually installed. It is often trying to check on and update programs that are no longer there, usually because they have been deleted rather than uninstalled or have been uninstalled by some third party program rather than through Windows.

It is possible to reset Windows Store so that it relooks at what is actually installed.

Type cmd in Windows Search box > Right click on Command Prompt > Run As Administrator > Type WSreset.exe and click Enter > Reboot your computer

See if that helps, sorry if you have tried it already!

Type cmd in Windows Search box > Right click on Command Prompt > Run As Administrator > Type WSreset.exe and click Enter > Reboot your computer
I tried this on my wife's laptop which is notoriously slow. I do not know yet if it helped. However, I have one question: there was no option for run as administrator when I right-clicked. Any explanation for that? It did accept to run WSreset and afterwards opened the shop.
Niels

I tried this on my wife's laptop which is notoriously slow. I do not know yet if it helped. However, I have one question: there was no option for run as administrator when I right-clicked. Any explanation for that? It did accept to run WSreset and afterwards opened the shop.
Niels
Mine did this too but so far, it hasn't halted the problem.

See how much it's affecting the performance here!

1632588499700.png

Is it downloading the next update in the background: I have frequently been irritated due to slow function which came back to normal once windows updated next time.

Windows used to have a setting where they limited how much of the system resources were used on doing that but seemingly no more.

Niels

Is it downloading the next update in the background: I have frequently been irritated due to slow function which came back to normal once windows updated next time.

Windows used to have a setting where they limited how much of the system resources were used on doing that but seemingly no more.

Niels
It does this constantly, fluctuates between %2-55

I've never had a problem with Windows 10 it runs much cleaner and needs much less intervention than the previous versions. No more messing with page file.sys

This damned thing is driving me crazy, I just used task manager to stop it again as my computer is so slow but that will only give brief respite, it was taking 1`989.9mb.

I have to close the internet on my computer if I want to look at excel or other offline documents and I'm going to take my machine to the shop and see if they can reinstall without this or just try and disable it.

This damned thing is driving me crazy, I just used task manager to stop it again as my computer is so slow but that will only give brief respite, it was taking 1`989.9mb.

I have to close the internet on my computer if I want to look at excel or other offline documents and I'm going to take my machine to the shop and see if they can reinstall without this or just try and disable it.
Doubtless you've followed all these suggestions, including disabling ms store:

Why Wsappx Causes High CPU Usage and How To Fix It

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back