• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

WIN Opticron Countryman HD Binoculars worth $500 (US / Canada Only) (1 Viewer)

1. Optical Quality
2. Feel/ergonomics
3. Warranty

None yet, I'm pretty new. I've only bought binoculars directly from manufacturer.

1. Optics
2. Ergonomics
3. Durability

Optics Planet would be one of my favorites because of their large selection, return policy, and they offer coupons.

1 quality of optics
2 ergonomics
3 quality of construction

Astronomics in Norman, OK due to past hx and their sponsorship of CloudyNIghts

cameraland ny with recent good deals on Demo items

edj

Last edited:
1. wide sharp sweetspot
2. transition from the sweetspot to the edge
3. control of glare/flare

Amazon & Opticsplanet for their good values and return policies.

But then again, its hard to beat Ebay for some incredible deals!

Tom

1. Resolution
2. Field of view
3. Ergonomics

Eagle Optics and Astronomics (where I get my Televue fix- looked through a TV 60/75/85 yet? Compare it to a similar objective Zeiss or Kowa then doublecheck the price difference-advertisement paid for by the "Left Versus Right Means Nothing After 10 Minutes Club" and the "Astronomers Do Their Thing In the Rain As Often As You Do Society")

1. Optical specifications
2. Ergonomics
3. Reviews

I use B&H Photo because of their reputation, fair pricing, convenience, and no tax.

1) Clarity
2) Weight
3) Ease of use

I have only had one pair of binocs, and they were a gift. I'm in the market for a new pair, but currently don't have the funds. I don't have a favorite dealer, as I have never bought any for myself. :)

1. Optical Quality including Eye Relief and Field of View
2. Build Quality / Ergonomics
3. Warranty / Service Reputation

Favorite dealers are:
Eagle Optics - service-will jump through hoops ten times over to make you happy, excellent advice, will match prices
CameralandNY - great people, great service, excellent for discounted optics that were returns, show samples, closeouts, etc.
Optics Planet - super fast delivery, large selection, best prices (with coupons)

Last edited:
OK, for me the three things I look for first off is that one, both the left eye and right eye need to focus to the same degree of precision. Two, I look for centerfield resolution, and third I look at how it balances or feels in the hand.

I have three preferred dealers, between them they carry just about everything, and each one has selections the others may lack. They are, in no particular order, Eagle Optics, CameralandNY, and SWFA. You get honest, reliable answers and excellent service.

First, I wanted to say that I'm happy to hear that Opticron will be sold on this side of the pond. The Brits rave about your bins, but since they aren't sold here, I've never had the opportunity to try one.

1. Image quality
2. Ergonomics
3. Warranty

Preferred dealers: Adorama, Eagle Optics and Camerland NY. Had good experiences with each of them.

Brock

1.Ergonomics-have big hands.
2.Sharpness
3.Ease of use-especially focusing.

Only bought two pairs of binoculars.Second online from BinocularsCanada.Would use them again shipped promptly and the binoculars were excellent.

image quality (you'll have to conduct another prize based survey to get everyones input on what this means), physical size (tend to prefer the 32mm class as they carry and travel well), ergonomics/build quality

I like dealing with Cabela's (selection could be better but they have great customer service & satisfaction-return policy), B&H Photo, and talked to Eagle Optics the other day and was impressed with their service rep and satisfaction-return policy.

It's OK if I don't get picked as long as you send a 7x36 Classic... :eat:

CG

Last edited:
1. Warranty
2. Optical quality kind of field of vision plus how much light gets in
3. Weight relative to power of magnification.

Count me in with Eagle Optics who have treated my wife and myself very well when
any kind of exchange or repair was needed.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back