• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Winner Announced; Next Drawing July 10th: Win a Pair of PRIME HD binoculars (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that Waka Waka photo and I thought I was getting personalized pop-up ads from Microsoft again. Windows 8 is the most intrusive and most privacy invading OS MS has ever developed. I even turned off the personalized pop-up option, and still got pop-ups despite having AdBlock Plus added to Firefox. MS follows you around the internet and places ads on pages tailored to your web browsing.

Win 8 insisted on shutting my computer down to load updates while I was busy working. It also automatically loads your videos to x-box and Google SkyDrive (a program that loads your files to the "cloud") can't be uninstalled. It accesses your private videos to see what you're watching so it can place ads for movies you might like. x-box can't be disabled or uninstalled.

Win 8 is not compatible with my MS Arc wireless keyboard, and it's a MS product! Ugh.

The aps work by touch, so using the touch pad on a laptop can suddenly take you to another program depending on which way your scroll. Then you have to "toggle" back to where you were or go to the Start icon and get to the start page with the floating "charms" and find your program. Nasty.

I'm finding Win 8 cumbersome to use compared to previous versions. If you are used to using aps on mobile devices, you might get used to it quicker. I'm not a happy camper. Going back to Win 7 when I can find an inexpensive deal on it (if I can, MS no longer sells CDs, you have to download aps from MS's website after registering with personal information). Ugh.

If you are thinking about upgrading to Win 8 for your laptop, check out reviews first, it might not be worth the trouble or expense.

Brock 6/13 FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH

Friday the 13th!

So far, so good.

Be careful!

Don't buy any computers or do any upgrades or download any apps.

A day of showers. Sun came out for a short time this evening!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back