• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Winner Announced; Next Drawing June 10th: Win a Pair of PRIME HD binoculars (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, too busy to say hello for several days now. Well, hello to all reading, and thanks Zen Ray for a chance.

Entry and triva for May 23rd.

8. Yuma, Arizona is the country's highest producer of winter vegetables, especially lettuce.

Last edited:
Sounds like you want a wildlife garden.

Wildlife!! Muntjac, badgers, slugs, snail, pigeons and particularly the neighbours cats have eaten, dug up and c****ed on pretty much every thing I've tried to grow. :-C

David

Am I missing a trick here by only posting in this thread once a month? Are multiple entries allowed, as long as there is at least 24 hours between them? If it is one entry per person then obviously don't count this post...

EDIT: Thanks KC - I don't know why I had it in my head that this was a single shot deal. How can I expect to win if I don't even put in the proper effort?:eek!:

Last edited:
Mathare, you are allowed to post once every 24 hours in this thread

And I'll make this my entry of the day.

Revolutions ...

I like the idea that my garden threatens the church and the state.

I had an area of wild flowers. Sadly in year two it produced so much seed that it threatened the entire garden. If I had a large plot, half would be wild.

Yes, a wild garden is the ultimate (and only?) revolution. And the best thing about it: NSA, GCHQ and BVT won't even know about it - until it's too late!

However, no one should think he can control a revolution - thus, you can never have "half a revolution" ...

But seriously, it seems strange that a patch of wild flowers should "threaten" the rest of the garden, as any soil contains an enormous number of seeds anyway, ready to germinate when they come to the surface. I never had much problems with weeds: In the ornamental garden I mainly used strong perennials that would quickly cover all open soil, in the vegetable and fruit garden thick layers of mulch would suppress weeds and do a world of good besides. If you are mainly intested in the edible results fo a garden, permaculture offers very interesting concepts.

Raffale

...., as any soil contains an enormous number of seeds anyway, ready to germinate when they come to the surface. I never had much problems with weeds:......

Weeds are your friends! :hippy:

(Stay off the drugs kiddies - they're a trap for young players - and quite a few older ones as well .... :)

Seriously though if your soil is growing weeds - it's because it needs to! Weeds are just colonizers species of supposedly bare soil (a bit like the English!) 8-P If your soil is growing "pesky" weeds it's because the other plants aren't using the available nutrients. ..... The weeds are nature's way of adding carbon to the soil rapidly and redressing imbalance. You actually should thank the weeds for saving vital soil nutrients which would otherwise end up leached down to China! :eek!: |:D|

For some radical paradigm shift thinking check the work and books of environmental guru Peter Andrews, and Natural Sequence Farming :t:

Chosun :gh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back