• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Winner Announced; Next Drawing October 10th: Win a Pair of PRIME HD binoculars (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a Saturday trip out to Roan Mountain to look for warblers and other migrants, today. The clouds came in and made it difficult to see the birds. The rain fell on us several times. We left by 10:30 because we thought the weather would not get any better. We had hoped that the rain would stop at lower elevations. It did not help, we still got some more rain.
Rob.

Vanity

A new thread and for me a new theme. Out with the jokes and in with poetry! Specifically my own take on Japanese haiku. They will be in English (obviously) and will follow the traditional 5-7-5 syllable format split across three lines. I will try and make each of them about a bird, or birds in general, as haiku are traditionally poems about nature and this is a bird forum. Let's see how we get on...

mathare, this won't do at all. Since you have not posted a haiku today (couldn't think of one, eh?), I'm not going to write one either. Besides, I like my first one that much, that I'll simply post it again (no one is reading it anyway):

Owl's eyes upon me,
amber fire talking to me:
You too could be - prey!

Ivan

Carpenters - Saturday Lyrics

Saturday began just the same as other days
But ended up different in many ways
Love is in my world since Saturday

Morning came but somehow it didn't seem the same
The sadness of Friday had somehow changed
To the happy sounds of Saturday
Saturday, ever loving Saturday

I whistle to bluebirds [Western Bluebird (Sialia mexicana)] ;)
I tried to tell them how you brought me sunshine
My heads filled with new words
That sing to the sounds of happy day after Friday

:t:

Sorry Ivan, been offline most of the day but sneaking a quick post in now...

Pair of Pied Wagtails
In the local shop car park
Dodging cars and vans

Loved the Kingfisher haiku, by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back