• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Winter Wren (1 Viewer)

hmm... I thought that too, Tim, but look at the 'Current SM Taxonomy' at the bottom of the page for the explanation.

D

Yep, it's annyoing. When putting the gallery search in, I used the good old Troglodytes troglodytes otherwise nothing would show from the hundreds of photos of it in the gallery.
I'll have to do the same with some others that have had a sudden reclassification..recent parus changesprings to mind.

In a couple of entries, I have made two searches, either for two different scientific names, or one for that and one for the common name. Sometimes rules have to be bent because the results are better.

Niels

In a couple of entries, I have made two searches, either for two different scientific names, or one for that and one for the common name. Sometimes rules have to be bent because the results are better.

Niels

Precisely. In fact I have even mixed part of the common name with parts of the scientific name to filter out spurious results in the gallery search string.

cheers,
Andy

I did a Re-direct from 'Common Wren' to Winter Wren back in May.

Is this OK? Or should the Re-direct be deleted.

D

I think it is OK, because there does not seem to be anything else that is called common wren

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back