• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wintering male Rufous (1 Viewer)

HelenB

Opus Editor and Expat from Cumbria
Opus Editor
For the last month I've been watching an adult male Rufous which looks like it might be the same one that was here last year during the 02-02 over-wintering season. He has an incomplete or under-developed gorget, which is odd as he has developed the adult male rufous-colored plumage on his back.

I've put some photos for comparison on my website, here's the URL: http://helensbirds.homestead.com/scruffyrufoushb.html

Let me know if you think it could be the same bird that has found it's way back to my yard. He's still here today.

Hi Hello,

It could well be the same Rufous!! I noticed you and I have two of the same cameras. As you probably already found out, the C700 pictures are a little better straight out of the camera,whereas the Canon Rebel requires some work. If you are interested in some tips I've picked up on using the Canon for taking pictures of our wintering Rufous,please let me know.
[email protected]
Cheers,bob

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back