• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

woodcock (1 Viewer)

They are common wintor visitors but it is unusual to have one in your garden, do you have a wood surroundig your house?

Well done Hebog! Do you have a huge garden?
There´s woodland around our house here in Bray, razorsharp. Even though it´s a typical housing estate, woodcock go "roding" over it every year in the breeding season. So I´ve added it to my "garden list", on the grounds that occasionally it passes directly above the garden....how´s that for cheating?

Mmmh, I think it will be allowed sancho, what a site that must be, a roding woodcock and just outside your estate, never seen a woodcock myself, hopefully though.......

I actually picked it up to get its head out of the fox proof netting I have around my garden. I will admit my wild garden is around 2acres and they do visit every winter.
Your wild garden is 2 acres!? That´s cheating...it´s not a garden, it´s a demesne! You could have dinosaurs roaming around there and no-one would know!;)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back