• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wootton Art 2012 (5 Viewers)

That is exelent!

Them YBWs are marvellous and perfect choice for the watercolour and conte style: I've been musing on why so perfect as a way of doing these fellas- I think it's because it hints at delicacy and detail in a way that the sharpie or even the unoutlined watercolour doesn't do.

Them YBWs are marvellous and perfect choice for the watercolour and conte style: I've been musing on why so perfect as a way of doing these fellas- I think it's because it hints at delicacy and detail in a way that the sharpie or even the unoutlined watercolour doesn't do.

totally agree

I've spent several early mornings scouring my local patches fro rare stuff (there must be something out there) but, in the absense of anything heart-stopping, the presence of hundreds of recently arrived goldcrests and bramblings certainly get the juices flowing.
Here's a couple of sheets of memory drawings following yet another morning with the crests, then a development conte & watercolour and finally a Sharpie on masonite. There'll be a large scale crests and bramblings piece brewing away soon - just need to get a commission out of the way first . . .

Attachments

• crestsketchbook (800x531).jpg
    crestsketchbook (800x531).jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 100
  • washcrests (600x800).jpg
    washcrests (600x800).jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 93
  • crestsketch (564x800).jpg
    crestsketch (564x800).jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 105
  • crests mason (390x800).jpg
    crests mason (390x800).jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 98
What a fine artist memory you have. I struggle remember id seen Goldcrests. Some outstanding shapes on these crests Tim:t:

What a fine artist memory you have. I struggle remember id seen Goldcrests. Some outstanding shapes on these crests Tim:t:

And behaving just like their American counterparts. We saw a pack of 10 or more Ruby-crowns and Golden-crowns in Cape May this week. I was so proud to have finally gotten down both from life. And then I see these, which show me all I've yet to learn!!

Beautifully caught though and an inspiration to all. I think the best thing is that it really captures them as they are in life, not stock still cute ping pong balls, but among the most active birds you'll ever see.

right now I only have and Iphone...so to see the warbler, I had to open the attachment enlarge it and start to scoot around through the leaves to find the bird...just like you did no doubt...Simply over the top Tim, and you also made rhythmic sense of the chaotic composition so it is a pleasure to the eye.

Cheers Jane - glad it's safe and liked :)
here's a Sharpie piece from the recent Orkney show which I forgot to photograph earlier. Did so yesterday.
"Neeps & Sheeps" Sharpie and watercolour, 22"x14"

Attachments

• neeps and sheeps (579x800).jpg
    neeps and sheeps (579x800).jpg
    399 KB · Views: 85
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back