• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

World list spreadsheets (2 Viewers)

Steve Lister

Senior Birder, ex County Recorder, Garden Moths.
United Kingdom
I keep both IOC and Clements/Cornell lists on spreadsheets which I try to keep up to date with the various updates published by both bodies. I have just finished revising the C/C version after their August 2021 changes. I am quite happy to send blank copies of either or both to anyone who would find them useful.
Both have the common names slanted towards UK users so divers rather than loons, no Dovekie, etc.
Extinct birds are excluded, though a few 'probably extinct' are listed for the time being.
The C/C one has just the common names of each species whereas the IOC version has some of the scientific names included, especially where anything has changed recently.
My own working spreadsheets are set up to count entries in multiple columns such as World, Heard only, WP etc.
Just let me have your email address in a message if you want them.

I have just finished updating the two spreadsheets with the 2022 changes, 12.1 and 12.2 for IOC and the October update to Clements/eBird.

Additionally I have now included all the scientific names alongside the English names on the IOC chart.

Both charts are simply lists of species, no extra family headings or subspecies etc, set up to count entries in the adjacent columns.

As last year, if anyone would like either spreadsheet just let me have your email address in a private message.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back