• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

worthy petition? (1 Viewer)

I thought it's been proven that trophy hunting of particularly imposing males is bad for the population. Apparently it's still legal though.

Self-styled 'hardcore huntress' sparks outrage after posting picture of herself with male lion she shot dead on Twitter
Yeah, I didn't know there were lions on Twitter....

She is just one sad individual, needs to kill defenceless animals to boost her ego, we could do better without the likes of people like that in this world.

No joke Kathy - there's a lot of these heartless trophy hunters, remember the king of Spain? They are so self centred - I believe that folks like this are so enthralled with themselves that they are incapable of actually breathing in the countryside air.

The best joke: Ricky Gervais, the British comedian, shared Ms Bachman's comment “what a hunt!” on his own Twitter feed, adding: “Spot the typo”

Last edited:
No joke Kathy - there's a lot of these heartless trophy hunters, remember the king of Spain? They are so self centred - I believe that folks like this are so enthralled with themselves that they are incapable of actually breathing in the countryside air.

The best joke: Ricky Gervais, the British comedian, shared Ms Bachman's comment “what a hunt!” on his own Twitter feed, adding: “Spot the typo”

I must lead a sheltered life, Simon. i have never heard of this presenter at all, and yes, she is heartless.

This is something I never knew is still going on these day - the olden days yes, but not now as there are a lot of restrictions in some countries.

Let the cat out of the bag, and print stories like these to give people something to think about. :C:eek!::C

Regards
Kathy
x

Some folks in Africa would have us believe that trophy hunting brings vital money to conservation - now that is something I'd like to be sure about. If I was working in conservation in S.Africa it would be dirty money and I'd rather go without!

Melissa Bachman should be made to eat that Lion raw fur, claws and all - and the other creatures. I bet the expression on her face would slightly less valiant!

Melissa Bachman has gone terribly quiet - I wonder, as she is "on show" at the moment if some devil has propped her mouth wide open with a stick?

That's enough from me for know - too much hate for one day!

Here is the link to the petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/the...&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition

I know this TV celeb isn't the only one trophy hunting - but as she is a popular TV celebrity with a popular hunting show I think she should be made an example. If for nothing more than her stupidity putting her piccys on facebook - what did she expect, cheers?

“Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game.”

― Paul Rodriguez

I have a South African mother (dutch) I have had 2 trips across to South Africa over the years to visit my relatives. The first trip was in 1979, and the second 1991

I was shocked to learn that my relatives from older generations where avid hunters in their days. They told me all about the heads on the walls of their houses, and the rugs on the floors they had collected like a shrine in their lives. TBH I hated it (but grit my teeth as you do) and listened to be polite and that was about all.

My mother had a brother, and he was only to happy to tell me how he shot lions, (especially male Lions) and goodness knows what else.
After a visit to his home, I could see that his wall was ladened with head of all sorts of African wildlife. It was an eye opener to me - like of a scene of the 'Out of Africa' film

You will be amazed how people treated wildlife in their own countries many years ago, without any help from 'butch female' TV presenter from the USA doing their worst with guns in hand for the hell of it

IMHO I feel that SA is miles behind us in their view of wildlife, and the same applies to the USA so it is not a good combination.

It puts us to shame! :gh:

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited:
Some might be taken in with the argument that big game hunting brings in money to help conserve animals or even that the animals wouldn't exist were it not for this income. Well I'm not. How would these countries feel if ecotourists stopped travelling perhaps?

Furthermore, how can the British army be training anti-poaching units in parts of Africa when there are companies such as this who are advertising that you can pay to shoot big5 for fun?

http://www.africanskyhunting.co.za/

Fancy a Rhino folks? Need to act fast while stocks last!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back