• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wyver Lane Nature Reserve (DWT) (1 Viewer)

No sign of Spotted Crake between 06.00 and 09.15 this morning. It could still be there I suppose but a few birders have been looking today without any luck.

No sign of spotted crake between 13:00 and 16:00, went back this evening and no sign by 20:00. Hopefully it will be hiding somewhere and be found again as I missed it!

Very briefly saw a snipe, which I am pretty sure was a Jack Snipe flushed from the far side of the pool and it flew to just in front of the reeds to the right of the hide

Of interest, a bird flying over caught our attention from its call, a very noticable call, "coarser" and louder than a house martin, it came from an all dark hirundine which was smaller than the surrounding house martins, no white visible at all. With in a couple of minutes the hundres of hirundines that were present just vanished. That was around 20:00-20:05.

Looks like my previous post has been edited. Hmmm, it's lucky I didn't post what I really wanted to say.

The post may have been edited but I had the replys in my email inbox.

I really don't know what to say to be honest. I have not done anything wrong, I see something and I post about it. I am sorry that my posts and birdwatching activities are found tedious by you and whoever else thinks the same. To be called incompetent, well I can assure you I certainly am not. I do not make records up, never have done and never will do. I am 30 years old and been into birdwatching ever since I could hold a pair of binoculars.

I have far more serious things to worry about than being doubted by you and whoever else has decided to doubt me.

I always post truthfully and in good faith.

Please can this just be forgotten about and lets all enjoy our local patches and our hobby to the full.

It appears that the Crake, according to bird guides, is still there so i would get down there if you can Clive.

Yes Dave, I was down there at 08:30 and it didn't show until 11:45 and then for about a minute and no further sign by 15:30. Also 4 Spot Flys and 3 Whinchat.

Was going today but the negative news yesterday put me off! Should have gone, tomorrow now.

Phil

Good luck if you go, Phil. It's obviously being a bit more elusive though. Clive will have more info as he was on site today.

Well done Clive and best of luck tomorrow Phil. I'll try and get down as well at some point and need better photos than the duff ones i managed on Saturday.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back