• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

WZR-70 BINOCULARS (3 Viewers)

blackstan

Hi all, I've just bought a pair of 6x30 binoculars stamped up with the mark WZR-70, Also the number 31 in a circle plus a serial number. They look military , not unlike the german dienstglas binoculars of WW2, the seller states they are Polish or Russian....any ideas?...I can post photos once they arrive. Cheers

Hi blackstan,

They seem to be a Polish service binocular, based on the pre-WWII Zeiss pattern.
A quick Google search under 'WZR lornetka' shows multiple examples (lornetka being Polish for binocular).

Images of one:
WZR.jpg

Hopefully, some of the Polish speaking members of the forum can provide more detail
(including the number vs the date of manufacture ?).

John

Hi blackstan,

They seem to be a Polish service binocular, based on the pre-WWII Zeiss pattern.
A quick Google search under 'WZR lornetka' shows multiple examples (lornetka being Polish for binocular).

Images of one:
View attachment 1565728

Hopefully, some of the Polish speaking members of the forum can provide more detail
(including the number vs the date of manufacture ?).

John
Cheers John that's excellent, I git them relatively cheap and hopefully they don't need much of an internal clean....I'm limited in my abilities....but another nice military pair to add to my collection, thanks again 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back