• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yet another poisoned eagle (1 Viewer)

What the hell can we do to stop this?? There must be an answer?? The people responsible need to get a grip and the people who are supposed to hand out justice to those that sometimes get caught need to waken up and smell the coffee. It is unacceptable and it needs to be stopped. harder sentences. years in jail and not fines. Sorry I'm really upset just now.

Rant over.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8108827.stm

Unfortunately the people who make the rules in the UK seem unwilling to dish out a hard sentence for anything these days, for Eagle poisoning also read knife crime, gun crime etc etc.:C

Unfortunately the people who make the rules in the UK seem unwilling to dish out a hard sentence for anything these days, for Eagle poisoning also read knife crime, gun crime etc etc.:C

It doesn't bode well for our kids kids futures does it. Its so sad.

What the hell can we do to stop this?? There must be an answer?? The people responsible need to get a grip and the people who are supposed to hand out justice to those that sometimes get caught need to waken up and smell the coffee. It is unacceptable and it needs to be stopped. harder sentences. years in jail and not fines. Sorry I'm really upset just now.

Rant over.

Hi Ann

Yes, it is so disheartening to know that there are people out there who want to hurt BoP's at all. They are just evil minded morans. :C

Yes, as far as catching the criminals involved in the killing , there is a complete lacks of concern for anything criminal these days. It is just the way this country is going - down the pan with Gard-e-loo attached to any situation :smoke:

I think we have our current goverment to blame for many things that are illegal and immoral, and they do nothing to help at all. If the birds ever become extinct we know who to blame. :C

Rules are there to be broken. I would love to see some of these braindead scumbags imprisoned (Criminal Record so they never get another job!), and fined so they remember what they did wrong in the first place. :C

Rant over.

Unfortunately there's a huge gap between what we can do, and what we should do. There's also the fact that whatever we do, it will make little difference.

I typed much more, but have deleted it. I strayed way off topic and got into things like Animal Rights and the way the majority don't respect life.

It's so frustrating to realise that, no matter how angry and sad it makes you feel, you can't stop it happening again. For every senseless death that makes the News, there's probably 1000s that don't.

Unfortunately there's a huge gap between what we can do, and what we should do. There's also the fact that whatever we do, it will make little difference.

I typed much more, but have deleted it. I strayed way off topic and got into things like Animal Rights and the way the majority don't respect life.

It's so frustrating to realise that, no matter how angry and sad it makes you feel, you can't stop it happening again. For every senseless death that makes the News, there's probably 1000s that don't.

So sad but probably true. I wish i could rule for just 1 day.

Makes me very angry. :C

It'd be good to see a website with all the incident locations & dates marked on it from the last 10 years. I suspect there maybe some geographical pattern to the persecution which might be more than just statistical clustering.

I had a moment like that today over on http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=155926
when I started typing what I really thought. Then I replaced it with a heavily sanitised version. This whole topic area sends my blood pressure into maximum warp overdrive......:storm:

Last edited:
I've been away from this site for at least a year and am saddened that your govt still has not done enough/anything to prevent poisonings. Haven't heard of recent poisonings down here but still hear of occasional shootings which is ridiculous. The penalties are equally as ridiculous in their 'strength' or lack there of.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back