• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (11 Viewers)

Have there been any reports of pied flycatchers at Bolton Abbey yet, or is it still a bit too early?

I've been at the Strid all week. No sign of Pied Flycatchers/redstart yet - Chiff Chaff only started singing here yesterday. Good views of mandarins, a smart male goosander, dippers, peregrine at Malham Cove and red grouse on the moors

Leeds Birdwatchers Club Report 1984

I've scanned a Leeds Birdwatchers Club annual report for 1984. I'm trying to attach it so fingers crossed...

Attachments

• LBC report 1984.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 69
I had good views of a Ring Ouzel feeding in a field in Ledsham at 10am today.

My 1st one

It was just off Holyrood Lane. Then it flew north

I see there's a Hoopoe near Blackmoorfoot res.

Good luck in trying to find the Hoopoe. All Birdguides said was at Blackmoorfoot Res and then in fields from Potato Lane (I could not find this on OS map or street maps. I think its a local knowledge situation). I drove around for ages looking for this Potato Lane or any other birders. No luck with either, then there was a hailstone storm that was never ending, and that was the final nail, I bogged off home. Why either Birdguides or the Birder/s reporting this couldn't give better info is beyond me..............

Blackmoorfoot. Unless you have the magic charm then you will never find it... or if you do then the bird will have flown. I've dipped several birds there and been soaked on almost all occasions. I reckon there is a local shaman putting the 'fluence on out of town birders.

I see there's a Hoopoe near Blackmoorfoot res.

Good luck in trying to find the Hoopoe. All Birdguides said was at Blackmoorfoot Res and then in fields from Potato Lane (I could not find this on OS map or street maps. I think its a local knowledge situation). I drove around for ages looking for this Potato Lane or any other birders. No luck with either, then there was a hailstone storm that was never ending, and that was the final nail, I bogged off home. Why either Birdguides or the Birder/s reporting this couldn't give better info is beyond me..............

This may help
http://golcarandslaithwaitewalkers.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/67691-A3-walks-leaflet-LC.pdf
They call it Potato Road, but persumably the same thing.

I dipped on Saturday - and it was reported yesterday too.
From the Birdguides map & yours Hysteria8, there seems to be a large discrepancy in where it was actually located!!
I saw no other birders - but presumably I was in the wrong place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back