• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (43 Viewers)

Got an email from Friends of Spurn in relation to the above:

'Apologies for a further email on this subject, but after my email last night the ERYCC Planning website crashed. We are not sure when this will come back online. However it is possible to register your opinion on the proposed YWT Visitor Centre by emailing- [email protected] and quoting reference 16/03173/STPLF.

Please make your opinion heard on this matter ASAP. It is very important to make sure you are clear in your email your stance on the proposed VC, object, support or neutral as per the options on the ERYCC website. The SBOT stance is to object due to the inappropriate location of the proposed VC.

The deadline for emails is 5pm Friday 11th November 2016.'

The website is now back online.

Male lesser spotted woodpecker at the Roundhay Park Lido car park this morning. Seen while we were having a post-class cuppa.

Water Rail

Nice views watching this Water Rail at the Kingfisher screen Fairburn, interesting in that it was swimming out and feeding on the small fish that are in large numbers..... Didn't realise they liked "sushi"... second one not good, sorry... but it does show it with fish in beak..

Attachments

• Water Rail 3 copy.jpg
    Water Rail 3 copy.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Water Rail with fish 2.jpg
    Water Rail with fish 2.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 64
Nice views watching this Water Rail at the Kingfisher screen Fairburn, interesting in that it was swimming out and feeding on the small fish that are in large numbers..... Didn't realise they liked "sushi"... second one not good, sorry... but it does show it with fish in beak..

They love sticklebacks. This water rail seems to have adopted the kingfisher screen site. It was doing the same thing when I visited on 2nd January.

Black Throated Thrush showing well this morning at RSPB Adwick Washland reserve in the Dearne Valley.

Bird is in the centre of the site with redwings at grid ref SE468025.

There is a small car park just north of the river Dearne between Adwick upon Dearne and Harlington. From here walk West either along the river bank or the main bridleway to the centre of the site.

If the car park is full, please park sensibly elsewhere. Today (Sunday) there should be parking at the train station at Bolton upon Dearne but this will be full in the week. Please do not park on lowfield lane, Bolton to respect privacy and wishes of local residents

Regards

Last edited:
Update - Lowfield Road fishery adjacent to the reserve have opened up their site to parking for £3. Please report to reception on arrival. Postcode is S63 8JF

Spurn Update

Hi

Got an email from Easy Yorks Council regarding planning app for new YWT visitior centre - some of you may be interested in its contents:

Our Ref: DH/SFJ
Enquiries to: Diane Hindhaugh
E-Mail: [email protected]
Tel. Direct: (01482) 393202

Erection of a New Visitor Centre, Construction of a New Car Park, Habitat Creation Within Clubley’s Field and Associated Landscaping Work (Revised Scheme of 15/03947/PLF) at Land South East of The Dovecote, Spurn Road, Kilnsea

The above application is to be considered by the Planning Committee at its meeting on 26 January 2017. The meeting will take place at County Hall, Beverley commencing at 2.00pm.

It is a public meeting, but please be aware that space is limited and we are only able to accommodate 60 members of the public. On this basis, please ring the above number if you wish to attend as seats will have to be allocated on a first come first served basis. If you are unable to secure a seat, the decision will be published on the Council’s website as soon as the
meeting is over.

You got the email... I got the letter. Wonder why the difference as they had my email address as well as home address. Shame I can't get to the meeting would love to hear the garbage that will be put forward in support of the application. If it goes through then YWT have lost my support and my DD is going to be cancelled immediately

You got the email... I got the letter. Wonder why the difference as they had my email address as well as home address. Shame I can't get to the meeting would love to hear the garbage that will be put forward in support of the application. If it goes through then YWT have lost my support and my DD is going to be cancelled immediately

Mine will also be cancelled.

Spurn - Why?

Took the family to The Deep at Hull yesterday. Its motto is 'For Conservation, not profit.' Shame the idiots at YWT dont follow this motto, absolutely appalled and gutted by the councils decision (which makes no sense what so ever). YWT wont ever get a penny out of me. Could effectively rant about this for ever, but the only thing we can do is try to fund an appeal - crowd funding anyone?

Spurn VC

Took the family to The Deep at Hull yesterday. Its motto is 'For Conservation, not profit.' Shame the idiots at YWT dont follow this motto, absolutely appalled and gutted by the councils decision (which makes no sense what so ever). YWT wont ever get a penny out of me. Could effectively rant about this for ever, but the only thing we can do is try to fund an appeal - crowd funding anyone?

I share your view John, but apparently there is no right of appeal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back