• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (62 Viewers)

Flamboro weekend

Saturday, 3 hours trying for firecrest...and eventually connected. Spent an hour looking for Little Bunting at end of day but no joy.Returned this am,got the bunt in poor circumstances.Lovely lad needed nature,offered use of his scope whilst gone. Sparrowhawk through,flushed all the bunts/finches.Got the LB ,in full focus in his scope,deep in hawthorn.Got one other guy on to it,then was gone!Many mutterings of Reed Bunting from those who didn't see.But I got full on views,no doubt!

Thanks to chap who lent me scope,hope he connected later!

Forgot to mention,had hummingbird hawkmoth in my partners Brid garden on sunday afternoon.Does anyone know if thats exceptionally late or not?
Paul

Attachments

• firecrest1.jpg
    firecrest1.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Have just been informed of the presence yesterday of a large group of supposed twitchers between Reeth and Healaugh in Swaledale.

Anyone any ideas?

It could simply be a Birdwatching class. I was absolutely fed up on Friday of twitchers interrupting my classes at Spurn to see what we were looking at. Of course when they found out it was only a Redwing they weren't interested. If they saw more than 3 birders gathered together they just assumed we'd found the Dusky Warbler

Was the Daurian Shrike seen at Flams on Saturday? I didn't really look for more than a couple of minutes as I got sucked in by the bacon sarnie tractor beam set up by the Cliff Top Cafe...

r.e. shrike

Was the Daurian Shrike seen at Flams on Saturday? I didn't really look for more than a couple of minutes as I got sucked in by the bacon sarnie tractor beam set up by the Cliff Top Cafe...

the shrike was on a fence post along the back hedge when i arrived just got on to it as it flew down the hedgerow were it disappeared and was not seen again, a sparrow hawk was seen over at least twice by myself.

Early doors only.

I went but only arrived pm;hadn't been seen since early and wasn't seen again that day,despite lots looking for it! Went sun am ,again with no luck.

Might have relocated,would have seemed odd time to depart,given prevailing weather.

Did think it might be picked up again,on golf course etc....but no joy

It could simply be a Birdwatching class. I was absolutely fed up on Friday of twitchers interrupting my classes at Spurn to see what we were looking at. Of course when they found out it was only a Redwing they weren't interested. If they saw more than 3 birders gathered together they just assumed we'd found the Dusky Warbler

I know what you mean micheal but thats how those of us without radios have to operate! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back