• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (71 Viewers)

Fantastic Black Throated Diver showing very well on Main Lake, viewable from South Hide at North Cave Wetlands today -19.11.13.
Stuart

Last edited:
Firecrest

After years of slogging around Redhouse, finally came up with a nice bird!!Present until 355pm today,but I almost certainly had sunday.Might stick around!Tons of Goldcrests might make it harder to pin down though. A few redpolls new in today,all lesser so far,so I wont post any picks and drive everyone crackers again!!o:)

At least I finally found a good bird for York area!!

Well chuffed

Paul

ps Tim have emailed u the images as can't post to York site,not sure why!

Attachments

• firecrestred1.jpg
    firecrestred1.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 97
  • firecrestred2.jpg
    firecrestred2.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
After years of slogging around Redhouse, finally came up with a nice bird!!Present until 355pm today,but I almost certainly had sunday.Might stick around!Tons of Goldcrests might make it harder to pin down though. A few redpolls new in today,all lesser so far,so I wont post any picks and drive everyone crackers again!!o:)

Well chuffed

Paul

Nice one Doc. Good reward for your efforts.

Firecrest

Thanks guys......3 hours at Flamboro in autumn waiting for my first Yorkshire one, then one at redhouse!

For Ken(not sure u still taking plover recordings ) but 1200 (circa) at Poppleton 22/10.Nice to see a full sky!

Attachments

• goldenplover3.jpg
    goldenplover3.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 62
Nice bit of crow/kite aggro this morning at the Tescos car park in Seacroft. The red kite had obviously found something edible and was attempting to take off with it but the carrion crow kept flying at it stopping it getting airborne. The minute the crow took it's eye of the ball the kite was up and away. From then on the crow kept trying to intimidate the kite but it was no good, the kite was untouchable.
Got a few funny looks from shoppers in the car park as I stood watching this unfold, wishing I'd got my camera with me.

Well chuffed

Paul

seen again this morning apparently!

Black Throated Diver still showing very well at times on Main Lake North Cave Wetlands today (20.11.13) also 1st winter White-Fronted Goose with Greylag flock.
Stuart

Lawts, not sure if you are familiar with reserve but from south hide it has been between hide and tern raft at closest. But today people were watching at even closer range from the bench at sw corner of main lake when at times I would say it showed at approx 30 yds range and seemed totally unconcerned by birders. Some great photos taken today.
Stuart

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back