• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (17 Viewers)

Anyone know anything about a report on Birdguides yesterday of Velvet Scoter at Anglers Country Park about mid morning? I know there's been a fem/imm Common Scoter on there for a bit now, but presume if it were an error, would have been corrected. A Velvet on a smallish inland water would be pretty rare and worth seeing/a trip.

Anyone know anything about a report on Birdguides yesterday of Velvet Scoter at Anglers Country Park about mid morning? I know there's been a fem/imm Common Scoter on there for a bit now, but presume if it were an error, would have been corrected. A Velvet on a smallish inland water would be pretty rare and worth seeing/a trip.

According to BirdGuides...

male and female dropped in 10:30 then left south 10:41

Short-eared owl flushed along Rudgate lane, Tadcaster this morning.. this year has seen great additions to the local bird list to my knowledge... Osprey, Hobby, Spotted Fly, Gropper and now SEO, went to look later but no sign but lots of other raptors 3 Kites,2 Buzzard, 2 Sprawks, 2 Kes... loads of wildlife activity over the weekend 2 Badgers, 3 Roe deer (1 large Buck), a few Foxes, 15 Whooper south, 200 Pink feet west list goes on... the benefits of being a farmer

Last edited:

A pair were seen on Blithfield Res over the weekend so it might be the same two.

Damn, causeway is too far from car park for me to smash and grab the wipit on my way to Sheffield this morning. Too dark by the time I am back... another one that I've missed own there.

Seven Waxwings reported on BirdGuides in Sheffield this afternoon, at "Devonshire School". Can't for the life of me work out where they mean by that, though...

EDIT - The possibly mean Springfield School near Devonshire Green. Worth a look if anyone's around there (I am, but won't be out of work until dark!).

Last edited:
Damn, causeway is too far from car park for me to smash and grab the wipit on my way to Sheffield this morning. Too dark by the time I am back... another one that I've missed own there.

Keith, the quickest way to get down to the causeway is to park on Station Road in Methley, and walk across the train line at the level crossing. it's not far at all from there

Can anyone advise where Botany Bay is at winter sett reservoir going to call in tomorrow for American wigeon & scaup, any ideas on best place to park?

You want the car park at Anglers CP. When you get there check the chalk board which is just out of the car park on the path to Anglers, it may save you some time. Birds will generally switch between Anglers and Wintersett so you may get up to date gen on the locations. I'd be hoping they're on Anglers, both big stretches of water but easier to see on Anglers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back