• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young Birders Yearlist Challenge (1 Viewer)

Good Pelagic! Could you put my total on 134 Johnny please?

POMARINE SKUA, Little Gull, Storm-petrel (lifers) and Wheatear, Nightingale, Common Tern.

F**K the Strong SE winds no luck for the African Desert Warbler :( :(
i ve seen a lifer in a way i did not expect a spotted Crale was found injured attacked by cat :mad: although i am not going too add it to my list

better luck next time

Left my patch and went out for my first 'all dayer' of the year yesterday (6am - 7pm around South East Wales. Managed to fill in a few gaps and got cracking views of Cetti's, Lesser Whitethroat, Cuckoo and Common Redstart.

Up to 108 now for 2010.

1st) Birding Maniac (Durham, GB) - 197 species
2nd) Zac Hinchcliffe (Lancashire, GB) - 173 species
3rd) Canadagurl123 (CA) - 171 species
4th) Robert Williamson (Norfolk, GB) - 170 species
5th) Kinghorn the bird brain (Durham, GB) - 169 species
6th) Joseph N (Aberdeenshire, GB) - 166 species
7th) Jonny721 (Lancashire, GB) -158 species
8th) Gropperwinch (sussex, GB) - 150 species
9th) AlexGuthrie (Angus, GB) - 145 species
10th) Ash1456 (Cornwall, GB) -145 species
11th) Halcon (SP) - 134 species
12th) Robin jack (IT) - 126 species
13th) Adin92 (MA) -124 species
14th) ausmar (MA) - 118 species
14th) CreamColouredCourser (GB) -118 species
16th) Midlands Birder (Midlands, GB) - 117 species
17th) SimmoJunior (London, GB) - 114 species
18th) Billsbirding (Surrey, GB) - 108 species
18th) Geth (Glamorgan, GB) - 108 species
20th) Middy24 (Northumberland, GB) - 101 species
21st) Loufish (London, GB) - 74 species
22nd) Cnocell (GB) - 83 species
23rd) tjbirdofprey (SP) - 64 species
24th) nrg800 (AU) - 42 species
25th) PeterFisher13 (Merseyside, GB) - 32 species
26th) Maltese Falcon (MA) - 24 species
27th) The Seagull (Aberdeenshire, GB) - 21 species
28th) UtahnBirder (Utah, USA) - 9 species

:eek!: I'm back in 6th! Some fantastic birding folks, very well done to you all. Tommorow evening with a bit of luck I'll be heading up to Strathbeg where a GW Egret has been. Snow Goose, Common Tern and House Martin have been seen here recently too so seeing these species could help me get up to 170 with a bit of luck. In the weekend it is likely that I'll be doing a long weekend trip to Speyside, so despite no birding this weekend, there's a bit to come yet. ;)

171 - Probably the best birding haul I have had after a school day with Common Crane, Great White Egret, Swift, House Martin and Common Tern all new birds for the year. I was going to go up to Strathbeg today anyway and was aiming to have a look for Great White Egret and Snow Goose, but when the Common Crane was reported this morning (I checked at school) that made it even more worth it to go. In the end I saw both the Common Crane and GW Egret obvious but Snow Goose continues to elude me. Arguably the bogey scarce-rare bird that I haven't seen so far this year. But yes a very nice day's patch birding.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back