• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your favourite birding trousers (1 Viewer)

b1rdn3rd

Blogger at birdwatchworld.com
Australia
Hello birders. This might seem like a strange question but what are your favourite types/pair of trousers for birding?

Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated, such as:
  • the brand/type of trousers (eg. cargo pants or tactical pants)
  • the fabric you prefer
  • the colour
  • the number of pockets
  • are they stretch?
  • are they waterproof?
  • are they warm (or at the other end of the scale), breathable?
Please feel free to comment about anything you can think of in regard to your best pair of birding trousers. Thank you.

For arctic birding in winter I have expedition down salopettes that I wear over lined windproof trousers. Warm down to minus 50 degrees C.

Winter Scottish birding, I wear lined & windproof cargo type. Goretex waterproofs over that.

Desert birding summer or winter I wear cotton windproof with removal knee protection inserts.

Most of the year I wear these: Kiwi Pro II Trousers Dark Khaki - multiple pockets without bulk of cargo trousers, very quick drying and will cope with a very light shower, slight stretch for clambering over stiles, slim fitting unlike some of their other models, fairly hard wearing, generally available for around £25. I very cold weather or particularly wet weather I'll wear something else but these are my go to.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back