• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Conquest HD 8x32 vs. 8x42 for birding (2 Viewers)

I would like to share how sorry I feel for you that it is Spring Migration and you are pathetically counting my posts. That is so sad. Are you in an Iron Lung and cannot get out to bird?
I am frustrated, angry, and annoyed with these Zeiss Conquest binoculars. I wish to tell the WORLD about the lousy product Zeiss made for $1000.
Hi Alicia,

We understand your disappointment with your binoculars, and many here can sympathize as we've all had one issue or another over the years with our optics, but you've made your point multiple times in multiple discussions and we get it. Many here (with lots of experience) have offered advice and suggestions numerous times to you. This is not a good way to start off as a new member attacking someone who makes a small (and humorous) quip after you repeated yourself in multiple discussions on the forum. I for one thought the iron lung thing was funny, but it date you

As you'll find out if you stick around that this forum is about the best place to go for information on multiple topics, and most of all the members are good people who love to share their knowledge and some lack thereof every day with anybody. Sometimes we agree, sometimes we don’t, sometimes we bicker at each other, but we always come around with one another every day, like one big dysfunctional happy family 😜.

At this point the only thing I can say is you’ve gone the extra yard, I should say a few football fields in attempting to remedy the situation to no avail , it’s time to move on. Buy new binoculars, give the conquest away or sell with at a discount with an explanation, someone will buy them at the right price.

Good luck

Paul

Replies:

I would like to share how sorry I feel for you that it is Spring Migration and you are pathetically counting my posts. That is so sad. Are you in an Iron Lung and cannot get out to bird?
I am frustrated, angry, and annoyed with these Zeiss Conquest binoculars. I wish to tell the WORLD about the lousy product Zeiss made for $1000.
Close, I'm recovering from pulmonary embolisms... but actually can get out to bird now, which would indeed be a better use of time than reading your posts.

I only saw ONE helpful tip - Donate the Lemon Zeiss bins to local Audubon chapter. The rest of the ideas were NOT helpful and y’all were nasty and unkind.

I was seeking help out of desperation & frustration & have learned that this is NOT the place for help.
I don’t understand, there are multiple posts with members making suggestions, and you just keep going on and on. Then somebody points out that you’ve made your point multiple times in multiple discussions and you take offense and make derogatory remarks and then complain people are making derogatory remarks. How can we help any more? At this point you continue to bash and complain about the binoculars and then moved on the complain about the members. After 11 years and 8 attempts , come on man, move on!

I’ve opined on this a few times before, I feel the 32 and 42 are the sweet spot of all the different objective size options for birding. A good 32 can do just about anything a 42 can do 90%+/- of the time. I don’t feel we’re giving up much with a 32. That being said if the binoculars are the only piece of equipment I’ll be carrying , then I generally prefer 42’s. But if I’m doing some mountainous or rougher terrain and or carrying a spotter and camera equipment, then I go 32 just about all those times. I think anytime a few onces/grams matter, then the 30/32 is all one needs to do some serious observing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back