• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Dialyt 18-45 x 65 (1 Viewer)

Rufus1401

Wales
Hi All,
I bought one of these a while ago, but haven’t used it much until recently. Wow ! What a piece of kit. Built like a brick privvy. I have used it for terrestrial daytime and astronomical purposes. Very little CA, even when looking at a bright moon. Even got the disc of Jupiter and the moons. Very bright image for both day and night. I used it on a tripod, but it can be used resting on a ledge or by hand on the lowest mag. Some of the local magpies were good enough to stay where they were while I focused it in - super image.
Not the most technical of opinions I know, but I can say that it’s one of the best bits of kit I have.

This interesting niche item from Zeiss has been in production since around 2010!
For a lot more info, including an extensive review by Piergiovanni, see: Video review (english subtitles) of Zeiss Dialyt 18-45X65

As many well be aware, Swarovski recently updated the concept of a compact all-in-one optic, with the 17-40x56 STC and ATC models.
See at: New ATC/ STC 17-40x56 Telescope

And in addition, Swarovski still continues to offer two traditional style draw tube telescopes:
the fixed lens 30x75 CTC 75 and the interchangeable lens CTS 85.
While the designs are dated (i.e. long established), they include Swarovski's latest coatings. See at: CTC 30x75 question?

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back