• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Diascope Alternate on scope cover (1 Viewer)

DPB

Hey Folks,

just wanted to share and alternate (rather affordable) on scope cover for a Zeiss 85mm DIascope straight. I spotted this Vortex Razor 85mm on scope cover for 85mm scope on eBay for $40, from Vortex on the east cost. It looked like it might cover my non covered Zeiss Diascope OK ish ... I hate to have my bare scope, getting dinged or exposed to weather more than is necessarry. I pulled the trigger taking a chance on it. Over all, it fits pretty well. Length is OK. and 1" more would have been better, but 1 to 1 it does fit. The objective end is no problem at all. The bogen QR plate is do-able. The ocular just fits and is the tightest part when trying to zipper the case fully shut. Over all, I'm happy with it. There were both straight and 45 degree covers (semi padded) on eBay too. The case is a nylon Cordura material, with light padding on the inside. I sprayed it with some Thomson's water seal to help water bead up and roll off.

Was tempted to try a green Kowa cover, tho they were more ($70 - $90) They might work as well.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back