• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

nikon d40 (1 Viewer)

fisi7chella

It all seems a bit complex but i reckon there isnt a lot of budget sigma zoom
lenses that will fit a nikon d40.Can any one recommend one??
thanks in advance
adrian

It all seems a bit complex but i reckon there isnt a lot of budget sigma zoom
lenses that will fit a nikon d40.Can any one recommend one??
thanks in advance
adrian

Actually, every HSM Sigma will work just fine on a D40. You need to say what range you wish.

as Craig says every Sigma lens with an HSM motor will work ALSO the 80-400 OS will focus as well.

Sigma have also recently introduced a number of lens especially for the d40/d40x/d60.

I think Tamron have started this as well but they have a more limited range. I know they've announced a version of the 17-50 f2.8 and there is a version of the budget 70-300

what zoom are you after? what price range?
there is a 18-50f2.8
a 17-70
a 120-400OS just announced
a 50-500OS just announced

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back