• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripod Suggestions (4 Viewers)

BevJ

Canada
I have a Nikon Monarch Fieldscope 20-60 82 ED-A that is a bit too strong to use in the forest when trying to spot birds for my wife to photograph. I just invested in
An Athlon Ares 15-45 x 65mm UHD angled scope and want your opinions on a light weight aluminum tripod that I can hike with. Reasonably priced. The current one I have is too heavy. I’m in Ontario Canada.
Thanks in advance to all that respond.

I own the Benro TAD27A. I use it with a Celestron Regal 65ED scope. It has large diameter legs, which is essential for stability. It weighs 3.95 lbs. It costs $135 from B&H Photo Video

I really like the Sirui A-1205 WY11 head i got from Doug at cameraland. It was under 200 last year when I got it. I spent a lot of time behind it last year with my binos and am really happy with it.

I really like the Sirui A-1205 WY11 head i got from Doug at cameraland. It was under 200 last year when I got it. I spent a lot of time behind it last year with my binos and am really happy with it.
Thank for your response, that Sirui was on the top of my list and I just received it today. I am very impressed so far just unboxing it and mounting my scope to it. I expect it will meet my needs. Took my existing scope and tripod from 11 pounds to 6 pounds with new scope and tripod. Also appears to be very sturdy.
Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back