• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Totally stupid question (1 Viewer)

david kelly

Drive-by Birder
Scotland
I am thinking about buying an entry level digital camera for my wife's Christmas present. I know absolutely nothing about digital cameras and have been looking on Empire, Comet and Amazon.co.uk for guidance. So far I am thinking about the Nikon Coolpix 2100 or Kodak 6200. The Nikon gets themore favourable reviews, though the Kodak is cheaper.

My question is what accessories would I have to add to the package so that my wife's pictures could be uploaded on to my PC?

Do you have any other recommendations as to acessories?

David

Do you have a USB port with Win 98se or later on your PC?.

Coolpix 2100, New 128 or 256mb mb compact flash card and maybe a card reader, NMh AA batteries and charger.
I would buy all of these from :
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5927

Need to keep an eye on last posting date though!.

Kodak 6200, Media is built in so a maximun number of photo's, when theyre taken, no more until you delete them after downloading.

I'd prefer the Nikon!.
HTH

Last edited:
David, a word of advice if you're thinking of going the mail order route from Amazon - look at the Amazon price, and whether they have the camera in stock, and then go to your local Jessops and they will price-match. I did this for my Canon G3, saving over £100.

I, too, would go for the Nikon.

david kelly said:
I am now considering the Fuji Finepix 2800, does anyone have any comments on that camera.
The same optional extra's as for the nikon also apply to this camera.
You get 6x optical instead of 3x and its about £30 dearer. Not much else to say!.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back